Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The First Haircut

Kellan had his first haircut on Friday. Isn't he handsome? I miss the curls, but I just didn't know what to do with that mess on top of his head! He certainly has his father's hair -- wavy and out of control when even the least bit grown and very coarse when cut short.

As for the cut itself, he was amazing. He didn't fuss, wiggle, or squirm at all. He sat still and watched the stylist in the mirror, sometimes commenting on things that he could see out the window, and generally enjoying himself. He giggled when the clippers tickled his neck. I had heard so many first haircut horror stories that I was prepared with every distraction in the book and a diaper bag that I could hardly manage, only to enjoy the experience thoroughly and the outcome even more so.






No comments: