Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day!

Its true, posting that self-portrait (see below) from early this morning sans makeup, sans hairbrush, sans flattering camera angle, is not something that I would have done prior to embarking upon this journey that we call Motherhood, but then I was a different person before Kellan. And, to be honest, I like this "Mom" person so much better. Kellan's best Mothers Day gift to me has been a fun and easygoing day despite his being two and a bit (which is a handicap in and of itself) and being stuck indoors most of the day due to freezing cold overcast rainy weather. I received some consumer gifts of course, but having had a bit of "me" time today and even just listening to Kellan and his dad play together in the other room while I am home! have been the best treats of all. Maybe next year we'll be able to cycle, go to the park, and enjoy a day outdoors, but you know, for all the ugly weather and lack of things to do in central Illinois on a Sunday, this has still been a really nice Mothers Day. Next stop, dinner at my favourite Vietnamese/Thai restaurant. Happy Mothers Day to all of you moms out there!




No comments: