Friday, June 10, 2005

My Relaxing Evening

After a long day at work yesterday and a week's worth of moving, I thought that I'd treat myself to a relaxing evening. I was going to put Kellan to bed, then pour myself a drink and sit out on the porch watching fireflies while I contemplated the many blessings in my life. I got the first bit right. Kellan was off to sleep by a little after 8pm. Then I poured that drink. And thought that it would probably be best to get the toy and room cleanup done first in order to better enjoy the rest of my relaxing evening, so I set the drink down and went to do that. Then I remembered that I wanted to do some laundry, and its best to get that out of the way so that it can wash and dry before bed. While I did the laundry I thought that it might be nice to get the dusting done so that I didn't have to worry about it this weekend. It would make the weekend house cleaning ritual that much easier and give me more time to spend with my boys. And before I knew it, I was cleaning, dusting, doing laundry, and had completely forgotten that drink. Ah, motherhood. I was worried about turning 30 later this year. Honestly, my carefree 20's are so far gone that they've stopped sending postcards.

1 comment:

Nicola said...

Kellan's asleep in bed by about 8pm most nights, though since he still nurses to sleep, I sometimes don't get out of there until about 8:30pm. Still, that's not bad. And he's been sleeping really well still. Last night he woke once to nurse at 4am, then slept until nearly 8 o'clock this morning!

Actually, I don't drink much at all either. Maybe one drink a few times a year. It goes straight to my head too. In my post, I was referring to my nightly glass of root beer!