Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Beautiful Gloucestershire

Gloucestershire is the home that we left when we moved to Illinois. Kellan was born (and made!) here and was excited to see the place that he came from. This was his first home and a place that will always be special to me, a place that will always feel like home. I do miss Gloucester and going back to see friends and explore our old haunts was bittersweet. Knowing that Illinois is "home" now. Still, I took some photos to remember the beauty that I never appreciated fully when it surrounded me every day. That's always the way, isn't it?





Looking down the hill into Nailsworth.



Even the allotment was pretty enough to warrant a photo!





View over the Severn Valley.




Looking up towards Minchinhampton. A bit washed out.




A church on the River Severn.








Gloucester, looking back at the cathedral from the docks.




The Gloucester skyline from across the valley.

No comments: